Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

two days in the life of .... -Part 1

Oct 8th 2006 (19 days to go)1) Had my mock CAT early in the morning. Thats where the ill feelings started.
2) Anyway, that was just the start. After CAT a friend suggests we can have lunch. The buffet in Mainland China is 170 and is really good. So, we go for a Sunday afternoon outing. We eat to our stomach’s content and then the bill comes. 350 bucks lunch !!! luckily I had my card on me.
3) I got home and then we were suppsed to go to Bobby house. I think most of you have met him at a football game or two. PK might remember him better for those unstoppable (always used to hit a stone and change directions) penalties he used to take. As I was saying, I had my mom, my sister, grandma and another aunt with me in the car. Was zipping through Ring Road on way to Magadi Road. It was raining very heavily and visibility was very poor. The car ahead was a new Ford Fiesta and he had his lights on in order to enable the driver bhind aka me to follow at a safe distance.
Me : Look Ma…tahts the way to drive. You must turn the lights on and drive in the rain. Atleast the parkings ones. So, that people coming behind, can get a measure of how far you are.
Mom : Have you got the lights of your car on??
Me : Yes. Yes……….BBAAAANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

The guy in the Ford had encountered a road hump and had braked suddenly. I too braked as soon as I saw those brake lights go on. Unfortunately due to the large amount of rain water collected my car just went into a skid. I swerved at the last minute to avoid hitting him straight from the back and ended up making a huge impact to his right side rear bumber with my front left side of the car., Thanks for the seatbelts.
He pulled over to one side. After checking that everyone was ok in ym car, I drove next to his car and asked him everything is fine there.
That bastard did’nt even roll his windows down and finally I had to pull over in front of him and then run to his car int eh rain (very filmi indeeed). Then he let me in his car. He was pretty polite. We decided that in order to claim insurance for the damage done, we needed a police report. Hence my Sunday night was spent at the Peenya Police station. The effeciency in the Indian administration was highlighted on that very night. The cop we were supposed to report to came after around 2.5 hours of waiting. He wasn’t that bad a person. Explained the facts to us and said that filing an FIR etc would mean useless running around for a week or two and having your cars parked at the station for a few days etc etc. Hence we would be better off to amicably settle a amount that I would have to pay him and be o0ff our ways. In order to claim insurance he would give us aan acknowledgement stating so-and-so happened in his station limits.
The other party, an entreprenuer from Peenya said he couldn’t afford to have his car parked for a few days and run around for the case. SO, whatever insurance doesn’t cover him for, I should pay him . I agreed and we returned home with a sigh of relief.

1 comment:

FreaKick said...

haha.. you wish.